What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog and how it is collected?
This blog uses plugins and cookies that can collect certain personal information:
- comments collect your email address, name and your IP
- affiliate cookies place a tracking code (for 24 hours to 60 days) that enables this blog to earn an affiliate fee if you shop on certain websites after clicking on one of my posts’ links. I can see the items bought but not who bought them. This does not affect the prices of your shopping cart and it does not bring any fees to you.
- the analytics cookies collect data as country, city, pages viewed on my blog and time readers spend on my blog but they do not associate it with any personal profile. Noone will know that it was you, I can see the data as anonymous.
- the blog’s newsletter plugin collects data written by you, as name and email.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you make a purchase through my affiliate links, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the blog, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To send periodic emails only to the ones that subscribed.
How do we protect your information?
Our blog is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Keep track of advertisements and affiliates.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, it might affect negatively our ability to maintain and analyze this blog.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google Analytics on our website. We have implemented the following: Demographics and Interests Reporting.
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify the users via in-site notification
• Within 1 business day
Only people that have completed the text fields in the subscription box will be subscribed to my newsletter. My blog will store privately the name and email you entered as to subscribe to my newsletter. Any email address or personal information you provide me with via the email subscription box are stored with me and not shared with anyone else. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can contact me and I will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence. Or you can also unsubscribe anytime from my blog’s newsletter by updating your profile at
As previously said, after commenting, my blog will display publicly the name you entered in the comment box. It will however store privately your email and IP. Any email address or IP you provide me with via the comment box are stored with me and not shared with anyone else. You can contact me and ask to have your comment and its data removed.
Comments are welcomed and encouraged on this site. Please leave comments that are respectful of others, and G-rated. I reserve the right to edit or delete any comments made on this site without notification. Examples of comments that will be edited or deleted are: comments deemed to be spam, comments containing profanity, comments containing language or concepts that could be deemed offensive, or comments that attack a person individually.
Write to me on the email from my Contact Page.