Because my first Bottega Verde order was a success, I decided to order again this month. My second package from Bottega Verde the natural cosmetics store is here and I was inspired by the lovely lavender purple tones. Stay tuned for my honest opinion on these products and a make-up tutorial at the end of this post.
Here is what I will include today in my Bottega Verde review:
- I wanted to create a wonderful makeup, in purple tones so I have chosen the violet shade from the ”My color” eye-shadow range.
- I also was curious to see how the wet & dry foundation is all about, having heard good things about it.
- Last but not least, I really wanted to have a lavender soap, to complete my lavender inspired experience.
”My Color” eye-shadow review (in Italian is ”My color – Ombretto con Vitamina A ed E e coenzima Q10″)
This purple Bottega Verde eye-shadow is made of natural ingredients and has a powder texture. It contains Vitamin A and E and coenzyme Q10. It feels like silk on my skin and gives a satin finish. I have used it here without a make-up primer and it still holds on beautifully. With a primer it will look more intense. It didn’t irritate my eyes and I know many readers will be happy that it has no perfume, as some of you are sensitive to strong scents. There are several other shades available. This one is called ”Violet”. It blends easily and doesn’t look patched after a few hours, even without the primer. As you can see, it doesn’t have big glitter particles so you will look elegant.
Wet and dry foundation with White Tea extract and Vitamin E
You can use this as a 2 in 1 product: dry as a powder for a lasting mat effect or making the sponge damp for a greater coverage. I have used it first with the damp sponge and then using a dry brush I used it as a setting powder over it. It gives a silky feeling. I love that this Bottega Verde foundation is scent-free and that it contains anti-oxidants, helping your skin. There are several shades available, I am wearing Beige and it fits well with my slightly tanned skin.
The photo above is with the first part which includes the pressed powder and a handy mirror.
This photo above is with the second part which represents the sponge, which is placed in a compartment below the pressed powder one. Please make sure to wash this sponge after, if you are using it wet. If you only use it dry, it can last 2-3 uses before you need to clean it and let it air dry.
Lavender Soap by Bottega Verde (solid)
This wonderful lavender soap is made of natural ingredients sourced from Italy. It was the perfect addition to my order, continuing my lavender purple inspiration. It leaves the skin soft and doesn’t dry it. You can also use it to make your clothes smell gorgeous, simply let it sit in your closet (just make sure it is completely dry so that it won’t stain and place it over a light-colored fabric).
And now, my lavender inspired make-up tutorial using Bottega Verde natural products:
- Cleanse your skin and let it dry for 3 minutes
- Apply your favourite moisturiser cream and let it get into your skin completely
- Take the sponge from the ”Wet and dry foundation” and damp it. Pat it over your skin, in the areas you need the most coverage.
- Take a large brush and swirl it in the foundation. Apply as a powder to make your skin mat and set the foundation.
- Take a smaller brush and apply the purple eye shadow all over your upper and lower lid. Make a smooth effect.
- Add black eyeliner, mascara, fill your eyebrows. Put a nude shade lipstick and you are ready to go.
I am satisfied with the quality of Bottega Verde’s makeup and I am thinking in ordering an eyeliner and more goodies next time, so stay tuned.
ESPECIALLY FOR MY ROMANIAN READERS, USE THE CODE DAILY AT www.bottegaverde.ro/ AND YOU WILL GET A 10 PERCENT DISCOUNT FOR YOUR FIRST ORDER. BE QUICK, ONLY THE FIRST 20 PEOPLE WILL GET THIS!
*If you live in Europe, you can find the products at www.bottegaverde.com
WHICH WAS YOUR FAV PRODUCT FROM MY REVIEW? COMMENT BELLOW