How to setup rich pins in 2018? Nothing easier than using my method, in the tutorial below.
RICH PINS 2018
Rich pins are Pinterest pins with extra information on them. They are a great thing to enable, if you have your own website/blog because each pin will then display your fav icon, website and the blog post’s description, increasing traffic. This leads to more page views and more readers for your blog. Now let’s get started.
HOW TO ENABLE RICH PINS
RICH PINS TUTORIAL
First of all, these tips are for WordPress.org websites/blogs since my special trick is to install Yoast (a SEO plugin that is an enormous help for optimizing my fashion blog). It is free and you can download it from here>> WordPress SEO Yoast plugin, if you don’t have it already.
- Ok, now after you have installed and actived Yoast, go to the left sidebar menu in your WordPress administration pannel and find the little icon that looks like this. Hover over it there and another menu will appear. Then click on ”Social”.
- Click on the ”Facebook” tab and make sure the ”Add Open Graph meta data” box is checked. Save changes. Then click on the ”Pinterest” tab.
- Now leave that window open, and in a new window go to your Pinterest profile by clicking on top of your name on Pinterest. Then click the gear (wheel) image menu, and then click on Account settings. In the website field, enter the URL of your website/blog and click ”Confirm website”.
- Copy the meta tag and paste it in the first window that we left open, where it says ”Pinterest verification”. Save changes.
- Open a third window and go to the Pinterest validator tool >> here. Enter the URL from one of your blog posts (it doesn’t matter which one). Click on ”Validate”. Information as fav icons, domain and the description should appear and you need to click ”Apply now”, making sure the ”HTML tags” is checked.
You should receive this:
Ta daaa! You are done enabling your rich pins. Now all you have to do is wait for Pinterest to check. If all is ok, you should get a confirmation like mine in the email.